Friday, November 28, 2008

Thankful for Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving was the Best! We actually had family at our house. My cousin Holly and Jeff and their 4 boys came on Wed and will stay until Tomorrow (Sat). The kids have been so cute and good. We keep taking their temperature, but I think they are having so much fun they forgot to be stinkers. Right at this moment we are playing Risk and Hans really wants to sleep on the couch tonight so he keeps attacking me, and killing off all of my armies. What he doesn't know is that I am going to be like a mosquito with malaria who can't be swatted to him for the rest of the game.

Thursday we started off with a little Turkey Bowl Football. The men played for two hours and the wives and kids played on the adjacent field. Hannah scored a touch down and was really excited. I had to stiff arm a couple of 8 yr olds in the process but it was worth it. After football we came back and made an awesome spread of food while the kids made turkey crafts to hang in the windows.
Then it was time for the feast. Everything was great except for the apple pie. Hol forgot to put sugar in it so it was a little sour but the crust was GReat and it made for lots of funny comments.
This morning Hol and I went shopping and got some great deals. I wish they weren't going home tomorrow but we are planning Christmas with them and we are going to Raleigh next weekend for my nephews baptism.
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

7 comments:

The Nate and Sara Project said...

Hooray for a blog!! I'm so proud of you! And so happy! You will soon become addicted. Thanksgiving sounds like you guys had a lot of good fun! Although, I'm not real sure it compares to the festival of lights. ;) Love and miss you mucho!

melissa and nathan said...

Sara!
I am so glad you have joined the world of blogging. Yes, it is addicting. But, I LOVE reading about my cousins. Cause I think cousins are the most awesome-est people of all!
Your girls are extra cute as are you. Holl and Jeff coming sounds way fun! Family is the bomb digiddeee!

Jessie said...

Sara, I am glad you guys have a blog. What cute girls. I like your Thanksgiving stories with you and Hol. What fun times, I am glad you live near her. I have a friend who lives in Northern Virginia (I think) maybe you know her. Check out Chyrstal & Steven on my blog, then let me know.

Colette said...

Sara! (Oh, I just realized Melissa did the same thing -- I bet we each can picture ourselves saying your name the exact same way),

I am excited to check your blog. I am an official blog stalker. Your girls are beautiful. Bella looks like she stored Thanksgiving in her cheeks. She is so cute.

I loved hearing about your holiday. My family met with Glenn and Colleen Fuller and had such a great day.

Cheers to another "Far-Away Fuller"

~Silly me said...

Sare,
I think Hol, apple pie and thanksgiving don't mix!! Same crazy thing happened LAST year at her house. Comedy. I'm excited u have joined the blogging world. Did u get the invite to my blog?

Holly said...

Sara, we loved coming too. Have you checked out our blog. We had a couple of slick videos of your hill on there. Too bad you missed all the fun taking a little nap. Anyway, let's get planning Christmas. I'm excited, plus, a trip to the ribbon outlet is definitely in the works.

Linnae said...

Hey Sara,

I've been wondering if you were going to join the blogging world. Glad you did! Your girls are so cute!

Love,
Linnae